View Single Post
Old July 10 2011, 07:53 PM   #489
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
"Green Lantern" slipped to 8th place in the top ten and now has earned $110 million domestically. According to the latest numbers at Box Office Mojo it's pulled in $33 million globally. I'll admit those are pretty bad numbers. I expect the DVD sales to be pretty significant though when this does comes out.
I'm not so sure about that, US$33m internationally. Is not a good sign for DVD/Blu-ray sales unless people have decided to wait for the DVD/Blu-ray release rather than see it at the Cinema.

US Domestic might be a different story. If I were the Studio exec I would be dissapointed with that taking, It might have been ok with a storng US box office, but with a poor US box office, I would hope to make it up on the international box office and hopefully have a 60-40 split minimum.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote