View Single Post
Old July 9 2011, 10:26 PM   #3782
{ Google Spy }
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Angel4576 wrote: View Post
{ Emilia } wrote: View Post
How many stadiums in Britain are club-owned these days by the way?
Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Norwich, QPR, Stoke, Sunderland, Tottenham, West Brom, Wigan and Wolves all own their own stadium.
Not surprising that match-day revenue is much higher. Even though I prefer the German model of full stadiums and low ticket prices.
The problem is that Italian football totally didn't capitalize on the dominant period of the 1990's. They just wasted money on transfers and wages instead of improving the infrastructure. That's even more sad because the stadiums built for 1990 almost all had athletic tracks for whatever the hell reason.

Way to completely screw up and lose the dominant position in Europe. Quality in the league has been recovering in the last years, though so there's some hope.
I miss having strong Italian sides in the Champions League - it's a bit boring at the moment, as barring the odd exception (Inter - Bayern) it's predominantly English and Spanish sides monopolising the final in recent years. It would be great for Italian football if Juve came good again.
Well, I'm curious to see if Platini's Financial Fair Play plan will have any impact. There's plenty of ways to bypass the rules but they can't be completely ignored. Next season will be the first season to be monitored.

Gutted to see Sampdoria go down last season. Always kept an eye on their results since they started showing Serie A over here about 20 years ago.
That's what you get for having the most stupid president in Serie A. They already lost Del Neri (who then ended up screwing up at Juve) last summer and then were stupid enough to sell both Cassano (to Milan for no money at all) and Pazzini (to Inter), their best players of the previous season.

Way to go from 4th place to relegation.
{ Google Spy } is offline   Reply With Quote