View Single Post
Old July 8 2011, 09:43 PM   #187
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

superdeluxe wrote: View Post
Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
There are candid pics of Christie where she looks more plain than in the carefully lit headshot. I think she'll be a good physical match for Brienne. Robin Weigert can look much more attractive than she did in Deadwood after all.

I remember all the hand ringing when Mark Addy was selected as King Robert Baratheon. That turned out pretty well. I'm not worried in the least.
It was a good performance but he simply wasn't Robert the same way that Gethin Anthony simply wasn't Renly and Lena Heady wasn't Cersei. They've essentially created new characters to fill the roles and the names. Robert was closer than the other two, but I never once bought him as having once been the Robert Ned describes growing up with and fighting alongside in the books.

It'll be a little work but they have a much better canvas to work with making her look like Brienne than they did with Addy. If she ends up the same character as the books is still a mystery though.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote