View Single Post
Old July 7 2011, 05:30 PM   #1086
Fleet Admiral
View Niorah's Twitter Profile
Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Hey, have you had the phone for a while now? I plan to buy a new phone soon, and the Wildfire S is on my short list. I just don't know if I'll be happy with it, or if I wanna get something like the HTC Desire S or Samsun Galaxy S.

So if there's anything about the phone you don't like, I'd love to hear about it. Do you browse the web on it btw? How is that?
I've had it for a couple of days now and am very happy with it. It is comfortable in the pockets, the screen still manages to be big and sensitive enough to type and select links easily without making a mess. It's fast and highly customisable.
I've been surfing the TrekBBS as well as other sites on it and it hasn't given me any problems. Of course you will use the "pinch-to-zoom" quite often in order to be able to read everything, but even then scrolling up and down and left and right on the pages is seamless. You also won't have problems with Flash, unlike more expensive pieces of iCrap...
It's very light, the picture quality is not Carl Zeiss level but it is more than good enough for everyday use. Besides, if you're big on photography chances are you already have a main digital camera and will only use this phone to take impromptu snaps here and there.
If you have very big hands I'd suggest a bigger mobile though. If you want an Android I've heard very good things about the HTC Desire S, the HTC Sensation and the Google Nexus S. If you want to have a (sort of) futureproof cellphone you should aim at something like the Samsung Galaxy S2, but it may be more expensive than you planned.

Happy shopping!
Life's a song you don't get to rehearse.
Niorah is offline   Reply With Quote