View Single Post
Old July 3 2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: New interview with Greg Cox

Thrawn wrote: View Post
I actually meant to ask, Greg - I haven't seen the TOS episode about Shaun Christopher, or read any of the Eugenics Wars books (or your other TOS books, for that matter). Will this book contain a lot of references I won't get, or would this be a good place to start with all of your explorations of Trek history?
Don't worry about it. I'm not planning to make a big deal of Shaun's participation in the EW books. I figure since I wrote those books, too, I ought to at least mention that bit of his backstory, but it really doesn't have anything to do with the new story--which takes place some fifteen years later and involves a whole different set of characters.

To be more specific: in the EW books, Shaun was briefly involved with the Botany Bay project. Now, fifteen years later, he's commanding a mission to Saturn. But the new book doesn't have anything to do with Khan or Gary Seven or that whole storyline. It is by no means a sequel to EW books.

Hope that makes sense!

As for the TOS episode, that shouldn't be a problem either. Shaun didn't actually appear in that episode; Spock just delivers a bit of historical exposition about somebody named "Shaun Christopher" leading the first manned mission to Saturn way back when. That's about all you need to know.

As is often the case, I'm building an entire book out of a few lines of dialogue in an old episode!