View Single Post
Old July 3 2011, 06:09 PM   #19
JD
Admiral

Re: Blurb for What Judgments Come

David Mack wrote: View Post
Storming Heaven will be the finale, yes. It was a decision made by us, the authors, to end the saga properly, rather than risk it running out of steam or end up left unfinished for whatever reason.

Although What Judgements Come has Dayton & Kevin's name on the cover, and Storming Heaven has my name on the cover, the title pages for the two books will credit all three of us with the story for each book, because we developed the two-part conclusion as a team. This is a change from our previous operating mode of one-upmanship from one book to the next; we wanted to plan this all out and do it right.

Hang on to your hats, folks. It's about to get intense.
Thrawn wrote: View Post
Well, that's both extremely depressing and...kind of thrilling. I would much rather stories end well than trail off into oblivion, but I figured Vanguard could last a really long time, so much great stuff available.

But given how absurdly quickly books 2 and 3 moved, I do think a lot of those possibilities could get used in two books, especially written to be as epic as possible.

Either way, can't wait
This sums up my feelings pretty well too. I'm disappointed the series is ending, but at the same time I can't wait to see how you guys end things. Thinking about it a little more, I'm glad to hear that you guys will be ending the series before it gets dragged on to long. Will this be the first ongoing series to actually get a real, planned conclusion?