View Single Post
Old June 26 2011, 07:40 PM   #633
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Location: Mach5 doesn't like sand. It's coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Set Harth wrote: View Post
He chose to ignore elements from all the previous films. First Class is a reboot, according to the director.
Uhm, not quite true. FC had an almost identical opening scene as the first X-men movie, had cameos by Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Romijn Stamos, and I remember reading a quote from Matthew Vaughn saying that it most definitely IS a prequel, even though it has some elements of a reboot.

Richard Roeper called it a "pre-boot".

Set Harth wrote: View Post
Also, according to Singer's public statements, he approved of Ratner's work on X3. The prerelease assumption that First Class would only ignore X3 has not been borne out. The unlikely workarounds proposed to make FC fit the other films don't fit with the intent of FC.
Matthew Vaughn is, on the other hand, continuously taking jabs at Brett Ratner, trashing X3 on every given occasion.

Not cool, if you ask me. Ratner made some good films back in the day ("Red dragon" is IMO waaay out of Vaughn's league, even though I still prefer "Manhunter").