View Single Post
Old June 25 2011, 06:09 PM   #351
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac
Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

milo bloom wrote: View Post
You mention Star Wars and that reminds me: around fall of 2006 when the idea of TOS Remastered was coming around, one of the guys actually in charge of the project (Rossi ?) came to speak at a convention in Chicago that I attended (my first and only con BTW), and as soon as he took the stage, the first thing he said was "let me make this clear, this is not 'Greedo shooting first' ". That got the crowd on his side right from the start. If that same attitude is in play with TNG, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

But TOS-R did introduce the Antares class transport ship, Orion Intruder Ship, Gorn Ship and the Medusan starship to TOS - all craft which didn't exist in any way shape or form in the original series and were added because they made sense.

That's all I'm advocating here. The Excelsior class is an old ship in TNG. Keep a few Excelsior Refits going, yes, but I'd like to see some existing designs of that era (New Olreans, Springfield, Cheyenne!) in some instances.

Simply doing this is by no means changing the course of the freaking story, it's simply making the visuals more era appropriate within the Trek verse. That's all I've ever said I wanted to see changed, I've not asked for anything more than what happened in TOS-R.
Dac is offline   Reply With Quote