Thread: vampires
View Single Post
Old June 24 2011, 11:12 PM   #77
Kosh Naranek
Re: vampires

The Vampire Diaries really does get good in season 2. I started watching with that season and was hooked.

I went back and watched season 1 because I am just wired that way. It was not as good. I could see the potential but season 1 would not have hooked me.

Too much teen drama and not enough beasties and history.

Season 2 drops a lot of the angst. It delves more into the history of the families. It is pretty action packed and the storyline moves along at a good clip.

It seemed like the show runners really looked at their problems and tried to fix those.

Ian S becomes really central. He was always a main character but it is like they said to themselves - "People love this guy. Let's do more of that."

Damon and Alaric are a hoot.

Elijah is just awesome.

Nina D rocks as Katherine. It is odd how she makes the characters totally seperate down to facial expressions and tone. In season one I felt like I was watching Elena in period dress. In season two she can just walk in a room and I am like oh Hell it is Katherine.

It is like the cast and writing just gels and then it is full speed ahead.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey
Kosh Naranek is offline   Reply With Quote