View Single Post
Old June 21 2011, 10:43 PM   #240
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Gaith wrote: View Post
I'm glad this is tanking
What a horrendous attitude
Oh, spare me the sanctimony. If anyone can easily afford to pay for their own artistic failures, the beneficiaries of the absurdly overly-lucrative Potter mediocrities can. No one's getting fired over this that can't afford it; the biggest losers here are the consumers.

David Brothers
'The Dark Knight' and plenty of others have all had scenes where the hero's love interest or lady friend gets in trouble and needs to be rescued... She isn't going to die.
Either Dennis just spoiled a big Bats 3 twist, or Brothers fails at being a smartass.

Dennis wrote: View Post
David Brothers
It would be nice, for once, to be able to point and go, "See? Look, our hero has learned something because he did _______," rather than watching someone explain how the hero always knew what he had to learn.
You mean like in Iron Man 2, where Tony's resigned himself to a gradual demise because he's too arrogant, blinkered and stubborn to reach out to anyone for help, until Nick Fury's intervention teaches him the value of cooperation, prompting him to aspire to join a group and cause larger than himself and his own private-demons fighting?

Oh, wait... I forgot: the Internets decided that the Fury scenes were pointless Avengers teasing. My bad.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote