View Single Post
Old June 21 2011, 08:53 AM   #84
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

All this said, we may be rooting for the same thing, given the mad idea the Greyjoys now have that having Daenerys' hand would be the key to getting the Iron Throne and the whole damn kingdom. It'll be interesting to see how Dany deals with Ironborn and Dornish interest in her crown.
Well, they don't have other options if they want to conquer Westeros. Their power is naval, not land-based (Asha was right in that regard when she spoke during the kingsmoot). So until they have the dragons, all they can do is make everyone's life miserable on western and southern shores of the continent.
It will be interesting to see what Victarion's journey to the Slaver's Bay will result in. This is one of the things I'm expecting the most in ADWD.
Wait, that was Marillion?

I guess that must be what they meant.
Yes, it was the same guy that went to the Eyre with Catelyn and co.
I really like Samwell, but it's hard for me to remember him doing anything particularly interesting in A Feast For Crows - he went to Braavos and then Oldtown so he could be in a position to do something interesting in a later book, wasn't that basically it?
I finished re-reading AFFC yesterday and it's amazing how little happens in the first 2/3 of the book. The most significant things that do happen there are Ironborn and Dorn stuff, the rest is Cercei being paranoid and stupid, Arya adjusting to the new place and Sam feeling sorry for himself and Gilly. Ah, and Brienne wandering around war-torn countryside on meaningless quest. It's basically 500 pages where nothing significant happens.