View Single Post
Old June 19 2011, 08:01 AM   #109
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

A-

Wow, maybe I was just in a really good mood, or someone spiked my soda or something...but I actually enjoyed the heck out of this movie.

I kept waiting for it to turn into the dull, disjointed, lifeless mess the critics have described, but I never felt that happen at all. In fact I was engaged from beginning to end, and thought the whole thing seemed really well-paced and well-executed (the tone was certainly more consistent and less jarring than that in Thor).

Yeah, sure, the plot was pretty simplistic, there were a few slow spots in the middle, and the final battle DID seem a bit rushed, but frankly I see those same problems in even the best superhero movies. Unlike with, say, the cheap and cheesy Fantastic Four movies, I thought the direction here was strong and sophisticated enough to overcome most of those problems.

Overall, I just thought this was a really fun and kickass superhero movie, and is at least as good as the first Spider-Man or X-Men (which also had their share of flaws). Shame we probably won't be getting a sequel.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote