View Single Post
Old June 19 2011, 03:14 AM   #57
InklingStar
Fleet Captain

View InklingStar's Twitter Profile
Re: Farscape First time watch thread....

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
TiberiusMaximus wrote: View Post
Season 1 is a great introduction to the crew and to the universe. We get to know everyone and it's a great set up for Season 2, in which things get a little more interesting and a little more heated. In Season 3, things get weird and in Season 4, things get EPIC.

I recently got a friend hooked on Farscape - he said something along the lines of "This is weird! This is bizarre and strange and ridiculous! I LOVE IT!"
Indeed, I think that is how to best describe it, weird bizarre at times, and most of the time wonderful.

Watched another Disk

"Back and Back and Back to the Future" - the guest stars where...horrifically bad actors under makeup. Not sure if it was the actors or the direction, but it was almost silly bad. Also ranks high in the cheep kink thrills. The actual plot line is not bad, and there is a little mistory thrown in as D'argo<sp> crime to him is much more serious then he lets on. Also its fun to see the crew die a couple of times. the plot saved this from being a total stinker.

"Thank God It's Friday, Again" - this is what I would call "A standard farscape episode" after all, the issue at the end is solved by explosive piss. I enjoyed the weirdness/wonky-ness of it. Also the worm bits where giving it a appoperate horror aspect of it. Guess we will learn later why the peacekeepers look human? (taken from the earth and bred to be super-worriers? )

"PK Tech Girl" - The guest star is cute, and the aliens are men in rubber suits that spew fire. I liked the development of Aeryn and Rygel.

"That Old Black Magic" -ok, I thought this epsiode was utter and total waste. when your doing weird, sometimes your going to miss, badly. this one misses so badly It is almost decent. It does however have kinda of a buck rogers or insert campy show feel to it.

Now I am going off to play some Mass effect for the first time.
If you watch "Black Magic" after some of the things that happen in seasons 2 and 3 you might appreciate it more. Farscape really develops its characters.