View Single Post
Old June 19 2011, 02:11 AM   #102
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
GL is relatively unkown, it hasn't quite entered the public consious as much as some. I think Captain America: The First Avenger might suffer the same when it hits the foreign markets.

But then again perhaps being unkown can help as much as hinder.
The news clip in Kegg's post also made fun of the fact that they're making a movie about a relatively unknown character. I don't know why though, since it's nice to see something other than another Batman/Superman remake.
Well as MacLeod said, Green Lantern doesn't have a lot of name recognition - here in Europe, anyway. I literally had no idea who the character was until a few years ago when JacksonArcher and the like were discussing movie prospects for him. I've personally never known any fans of the Green Lantern, or seen any GL paphernalia or comics when shopping. It's why I found the Onion clip so funny, it kind of captured my reaction entirely.

Granted, I had no idea who Iron Man was either, and I think that did okay internationally.