View Single Post
Old June 19 2011, 02:00 AM   #100
Leroy
Fleet Captain

Re: Green Lantern: Grading, Review, Discuss, Tracking, Sequel?

Saw it last night as a GL fan I was disappointed it was not as bad as I feared but not as good as I had hoped.

They explained a lot of stuff for the newcomers however it was so quick it didn't give enough time for things to sink in for people who are not familiar with the source material. Some of the CGI was mediocre at times on Oa at certain points it looks like Ryan Reynolds head was floating around in a CG background. The editing was not very good it looks like a lot was taken out to meet the run time I wonder if a directors cut would be better in that department.

The character design is hideous while the suits look good moving around and animated in a still shot they look terrible I really hope the comics don't change themselves to look like this movie (I hate it when they do that). The movie almost suffers the same problem that Spiderman 3 had too much going on.

Ryan Reynolds did make a good Hal Jordan and Mark Strong was awesome as Sinestro. If they had just slowed things down and developed a few characters the movie would have been so much better. The movie had the potential to be great but they blew it something I had feared would happen to Iron Man.

I don't think these companies realize how damaging a bad movie can be to their properties I'd rather have no movie at all than have my favorite characters associated with garbage.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote