View Single Post
Old June 16 2011, 05:00 PM   #224
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

BlobVanDam wrote: View Post

You know what else says it's old? The fact it's an 80s TV show, with 80s costumes, and 80s sets. What about TOS? That looks very 60s. Removing the black bars from the side of the screen is not going to change that. It sickens me to think that they would compromise a show because some people can't watch a TV show more than 10 years old. These are not the types of people who are watching an old scifi show about space politics and humanitarian efforts, and not going to be the people forking over money for the Bluray boxsets.
This is about more than blu-ray box sets. This is about getting it on the air. I don't know about you... but here in the States the number of 4:3 shows being broadcast continues to shrink. Also, Star Trek Remastered is no longer broadcast here in the States after one run thru.

Why should they satisfy people who clearly don't care about artistic integrity anyway by compromising the artistic integrity?
The fact of the matter is that most people don't care about artistic integrity. They bought their 16:9 sets and most want to watch stuff in 16:9. It's simply a fact of life.