View Single Post
Old June 15 2011, 03:44 PM   #111
JWolf
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: Voyager: Children Of The Storm Review Thread

I finished Children of the Storm last night. I really enjoyed it. One thing I really enjoyed was the way the new characters were introduced. They fit right in. There were not forced or just another name to have someone different.

The story was quite moving. It finally showed something good coming from tragedy. I think Eden is really growing as a person. I think she has things she can teach Chakotay as well as the other way round. I am glad that this is not just a Voyager centric arc. It features the others as well and that worked very well.

I liked that there was no "let's pull this out of our bag of tricks and save the day" type story. I think it's one of the best Trek books this year.

And I do feel that it gives homage to Janeway in how she managed to instill honor and values to the crew and it shows. To bring back Janeway would be a bad idea. It would cheapen these stories big time and that's not what should be. She's dead. Just let her be dead. Let her memory and what she brought to the crew live on in the crew.