View Single Post
Old June 15 2011, 11:44 AM   #540
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

I think the Last Stand is underrated. With the cure plot, it really throws a monkeywrench into the whole mutant/human relationship, and it forces mutants to really take sides. I like how Kelsey Grammer is trying to hold his own as the one caught in the middle. I like the Pheonix story line too, because taking the story as the comics did it would be ridiculous, as she manipulates stars and solar systems, whatever. Here she's damn powerful enough, and I like how Magneto uses her as a chess piece. It's not a perfect movie, it goes abruptly from one plot point to the next, and these plot points are often already developed just before we cut to them, and we don't get to see them develop. But I'm not the only one who likes it. I would have like to see, for example, how Leech was discovered. Still, it is not terrible, and far better than the new film, a film which seems to say [Plinkett]"we think the audience is stupid"[/Plinkett]