View Single Post
Old June 15 2011, 05:06 AM   #648
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Re: Let's Talk About Horror Fiction and Film

This discussion already been pretty much ruined by Youtube trolls and similar, but it really makes me sad how vampires have changed with modern perspective. It's impossible to take a vampire seriously anymore. Go to Wal-Mart and pick out any vampire book at random. I dare you. Chances are that the book will utterly fail to scare you... or mildly startle you... or even interest you at all. Bonus failure points to the author if the main vampire character is a teenager.

I just... miss something about old-style, "gentleman" type vampires. They had class. They could scare the holy bejeezus out of you, because they didn't fall in love with humans, or wish that they still were humans, or any of that. They had kinky sex with you and then they drank your frickin blood. They lived in a Big Damn Spooky Castle and you wouldn't even know you were in danger until you caught them in the middle of a Satanic festival.

Modern vampires? No... just... utterly and completely no.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote