View Single Post
Old June 15 2011, 12:26 AM   #98
Brit
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager: Children Of The Storm Review Thread

Christopher, you can talk and talk and talk. You can assume and you would still be wrong. You can mouth the Trek Philosophy and yet what Trek writers are producing now is the antithesis of it.

"It speaks to some basic human needs, that there is a tomorrow - it's not all going to be over in a big flash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans. No, ancient astronauts did not build the pyramids - human beings built them because they're clever and they work hard. And 'Star Trek' is about those things."

Gene Roddenberry--from the "Star Trek" 25th Anniversary special, 1991
What this boils down to is that I donít like the use of the death of a major character to sell books. Then you have the unmitigated arrogance to expect us to praise your efforts and to put money in your pocket for something we hate. You are acting like the school yard bully not only demanding our lunch money but expecting us to like giving it to you.

But your suggestion that because we donít like death and reading about death makes us somehow inferior is insulting.

We want Janeway alive, we want her with a lover (just like Picard and Riker), and access to her family and loved ones and nothing less will do. We also demand respect because we deserve it, you cannot dictate taste so stop trying and finally we are your potential customers and you should start acting like it.

Matthias, maybe one day when you have matured you will understand that just because you like something doesnít necessarily mean that everyone will like it. Your attitude in this is also insulting.

We are not crazy, or stupid, we are mad as h*** and we are not taking it any more. You should respect that too.

Brit is offline   Reply With Quote