View Single Post
Old June 14 2011, 01:14 AM   #88
MatthiasRussell
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek: Voyager: Children Of The Storm Review Thread

They take Janeway's death like it is a persoanal attack. PD told me he got numerous hate mail saying he doesn't respect women and hated Janeway whereas kiling her wasn't his call. 1) I don't understand why some people want to personally attack an author in a franchise where the author doesn't have the final say before publishing and 2) Why they can't accept that in this carer, sometimes people die. Many of the greatest explorers died on the job yet their expeditions went on, often with the men wanting to honor their captain. You dishonor the captain when you give up.

"Well the books are missing Tuvok too." Well, do you REALLY expect someone to spend their entire career aboard 1 ship? The mission continues and the characters left are true to the way they were in the show. When you look at what the series has kept as opposed to what it has lost, it still has the majority of the elements that made it great. Beyer has kept VOY true to its roots and I think more of us appreciate these books than there are those who refuse to read because they keep publishing them.