View Single Post
Old June 13 2011, 07:15 PM   #43
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: vampires

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
I've seen the trailer, and it looks more like a straight forward horror movie, more action and much more up to date, using smart phones and the like. I wasn't fond of the original but I plan on seeing the new version when it comes out.

@JD: The Dresden Files (books) have something similar. The White Court are psychic vampires, but sometimes called Incubi and Succubi too, but are alive and Human in nearly every degree and can die a normal death. The Red, Black and Jade courts all have different biology and forms, but are dead and in the case of the Black Court, rotting.
I'm just re-reading the series, I'd forgotten about the Jade Court until they were mentioned in Death Masks. Can't remember if they showed up anywhere in the series?
I've read all 12 novels and the Side Jobs anthology which I think is the main 'canon' and no, the Death Masks reference is all we ever get. Even the Black Court has been mostly out of the series since Mavra got the book.