View Single Post
Old June 12 2011, 06:02 AM   #74
Kirsten Beyer
Writer

Re: Star Trek: Voyager: Children Of The Storm Review Thread

Hey folks,

Thanks so much for all of the kind words about the book. I'm glad that the story seems to be satisfying for you and really appreciate you taking the time to come here and say so.

Matthias, I read your comments, and the all of the others in the interview thread and just wanted to express my gratitude for what you tried to do there. I have been aware for some time, however, that the anger and sadness many feel about Janeway is too intense for them to hear anything beyond their own point of view. Of course, their position is valid. They want to read what they want to read, and there is nothing wrong with that. I, too, wish they'd give the new stories a chance, but I'm not holding my breath. Your efforts, however, were much appreciated.

And Manisphere, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm honored that my work was there for you through that experience, and wish you the peace that comes to all who endure such losses eventually.

Finally, for those who've been asking about GH, there is almost no way anyone who doesn't know me really well could have seen me in the episode I did for them many years ago. More likely, you might have seen me as a nurse on Passions, where I had a larger role, but that, too, was several years ago. It's odd, though. I often have people think they recognize me from something or other. I think I just have one of those faces.

Anyway...thanks again for all of your thoughts.

Best,
Kirsten
Kirsten Beyer is offline   Reply With Quote