View Single Post
Old June 12 2011, 03:26 AM   #227
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station
Re: ST: Shaping a Cardassian - "Strength Without Sacrifice is Useless"

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Aha...now that surprised me that Fatret would ask about Jarol's attitudes towards humans. That really does make me feel like your Cardassians are changing, if this medic would approach potential racism as a negative attitude and a resentment that has to be set aside.

(And boy, does this play into what we're discussing in private.)
It does. But this section was written long time ago. I have lots of Jarol material ready to be used as days pass.
If Karama goes to Cardassia, sorry to say...I hope it will be after his "father" is too weak to strike him. One comment is very telling, though--that it's his father's enemies who need protection, and his father's friends who are threats.
Tavor knows that is someone is his father's friend, then they are nothing good either.
I also thought it was interesting that Karama seems to be absorbing a belief in Karama!
Is that intentional or a misspell?
As for Aladar...I liked what he said to Ensign Tibaut--the accusation that these scientists were not only cruel enough to watch the Rathosians die, but also cruel enough to claim to be against the death penalty (as the Federation claims) but leave them to die while washing their hands of their indirect execution. Somehow, I think that fits the hypocrisy of people like that scientist commander, and people like Picard.

Maybe, maybe these younger scientists will act, now that their commander has refused to surrender the Cardassians. Otherwise, Zamarran might have to send down troops, and it'll end up devolving into an old-fashioned Federation vs. Cardassian fight, replete with all the usual stereotypes.
Well, you'll have to wait to see what will happen

"Reagan, it appears, is really only an ardent unionist if the unions in question are in Poland" - Stephen King, Skeleton Crew
Gul Re'jal is offline   Reply With Quote