View Single Post
Old June 11 2011, 11:06 PM   #165
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

Oso Blanco wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
I guess you don't want any Trek to be suitable for rebroadcast in the future, then.
There must be other ways to accomplish that. Messing up TNG like they did TOS is neither acceptable nor necessary. I'm sure they could do a decent upscaling job that would satisfy the viewers.

And even they are not HD, then they are not ... where is the problem? People are still watching old black and white movies, so why shouldn't they watch Trek in SD? Personally I'd rather watch it super low resolution than ruined with new fx.

Sacrificing the original TNG (or TOS or whatever) for HD is like trading pest for cholera, so they might as well stay with the original.
THE TOS-R was highly successful both critically and with sales, STNG well never look HD and never be ready for Bluray without a remastering. Your qualms are not even issue, it HAS to be done, or STNG will never be on bluray or any other format...just like TOS-R.

RAMA