Thread: Ringship 1701
View Single Post
Old June 10 2011, 12:04 PM   #12
Re: Ringship 1701

I've always thought this would be an interesting idea, and I like your concept here, especially how the "neck" seems to extend through the hull to connect to the ring; very "pleasing" to the eye somehow.

I am no artist (and that's an understatement), but some years ago I was doodling around with this kind of idea, and stumbled upon the fact that making the "enginering" in the shape of an ellipse, rather than a circle, actually lent an aesthetically more pleasing aspect to the overall layout (to my eye, at least.) It did sort of lower the "center" line/foci so that the relative positions were somewhat more reminiscent to the nacelle placement of a Galaxy Class ship (i.e., somewhat below the saucer instead of above), but it was interesting.

I know you're going for the "ring", but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case you were interested in playing around with different variations on the theme.

In any event, I like where you're going with this.

Oh, and Sojouner, I've always liked that design of yours.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind -- Theodore Geisel (a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss")

Last edited by TrekkieMonster; June 10 2011 at 02:33 PM.
TrekkieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote