Thread: Ringship 1701
View Single Post
Old June 10 2011, 11:04 AM   #12
TrekkieMonster
Commodore

Re: Ringship 1701

I've always thought this would be an interesting idea, and I like your concept here, especially how the "neck" seems to extend through the hull to connect to the ring; very "pleasing" to the eye somehow.

I am no artist (and that's an understatement), but some years ago I was doodling around with this kind of idea, and stumbled upon the fact that making the "enginering" in the shape of an ellipse, rather than a circle, actually lent an aesthetically more pleasing aspect to the overall layout (to my eye, at least.) It did sort of lower the "center" line/foci so that the relative positions were somewhat more reminiscent to the nacelle placement of a Galaxy Class ship (i.e., somewhat below the saucer instead of above), but it was interesting.

I know you're going for the "ring", but I just thought I'd throw that out there in case you were interested in playing around with different variations on the theme.

In any event, I like where you're going with this.

Oh, and Sojouner, I've always liked that design of yours.

Last edited by TrekkieMonster; June 10 2011 at 01:33 PM.
TrekkieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote