View Single Post
Old June 7 2011, 02:14 PM   #240
Agent Richard07
Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
-Xavier's injurry during the final battle being what requires him to go in the wheelchair, despite the fact that we saw him walking in the flashback in X3 and his cameo in Wolverine.
I guess this is a case of simply choosing to ignore X3.
-Xavier and Magneto split at the end and Magneto turns villain, despite the X3 flashback shows them working together as recently as 20 years prior.
-Xavier and Mystique is one of those things that doesn't really contradict anything, but also just doesn't fit. They were so close growing up, and indeed there didn't really seem to be any bad blood between them when she chose to join Magneto, so why does she so willingly poison him in the first movie?
These two can easily be chalked up to the notion that "a lot of things can happen in 40+ years."
So can the walking. Like I said earlier, maybe he discovered a treatment or mechanism in those years that allowed him to walk, and that's what we saw in X3 and Wolverine. But of course, whatever he tried didn't totally work or didn't last, and he was forced to go back to the wheelchair.

Caretaker wrote: View Post
For the iPad, there's an app from Fox (no idea if the people behind the movie are involved in it) that is a 1960's magazine showing events after the end of the movie. It shows a picture of President Kennedy meeting a standing Charles Xavier at the White House. I'd say astral projection is probably a pretty good guess.
That works too.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote