View Single Post
Old June 6 2011, 07:47 PM   #205
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

I gave it a solid "A." It wasn't quite exceptional or A-plus-worthy, but I thought it was by far the best in the series, followed by X-Men United.

The movie had a strong plot, great cinematography, and some really talented lead actors. James McAvoy's young Charles Xavier was portrayed as a flirtatious young man who grew up in luxury and never really had to suffer as much as his counterpart Erik Lensherr, who had a traumatic childhood and thus was filled with rage and a thirst for revenge for the people who wronged him. In the comics, Xavier didn't exactly have a perfect childhood as he was abused by his stepbrother, Cain Marko (Juggernaut), and stepfather. Seeing as Juggernaut wasn't really linked to Charles Xavier in X-Men 3, I can understand why Xavier's upbringing was quite different in the movies.

Michael Fassbender had such a magnetic effect on me. He played a tormented soul, Erik Lensherr, scarred for life by his painful childhood. Although he was a powerful and strong mutant, there was a sense of vulnerability about him. Maybe it's just the actor's good looks and charisma. *Sigh*