View Single Post
Old June 6 2011, 01:04 PM   #181
ares93
Commodore

Re: The new Post Your Desktop thread

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
I really don't like the LG Flatron I got last year (W2240).

Sometimes it just doesn't look like it's displaying things well. And I see some weird discoloration at times.

My "Enterprise at Titan" wallpaper looks grainy, even though it comes right from a blu-ray screenshot. Yet the Amy Pond one looks beautiful (in so may ways).

Plus the lack of being able to raise & lower it means I have it on a stack of phone books to get the proper height.
Well, I don't have anything bad to say about my L194WT. I had some issues with it flickering, but that ended up being a faulty VGA cable. Now that I replaced it, the screen runs fine.

I ended up putting two crappy dvd's underneath, to raise it a bit. But since none of my other screens can be lowered or raised, its not a big deal for me. I've gotten used to it.

The only thing I hate about dual/triple monitor setups is that its so damn hard to find any decent wallpapers. My current one is good enough, but its still a bit blurred. And that annoys the hell out of me. I think I'm just gonna stick to a solid color like they do in school. Then again, try finding a wallpaper for six monitors...
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote