View Single Post
Old June 5 2011, 04:51 AM   #120
BenRoethig
Fleet Captain

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
I'm not really an X-Men fan but I did find the film enjoyable.

Things that did not make sense to me:

1) Why did Xavier mind wipe Moira? Did he think she would betray him in some way? What was the point. All that did was effectively discredit her for her superiors.
To prevent her from giving up the location during interrogation, especially since the CIA had Emma Frost in their custody.

2) Why exactly did the US and Russians suddenly get all buddy buddy and decide to kill the mutants on the beach? That actually made no sense...and in the context of the Cold War actually makes even less sense.
Like it made no sense for us and the Soviets to come together for the common threat of the Nazis during WWII? The world isn't black and white.

he US government discovers that mutants exist. it hires some of them...who show that they have the ability to find other mutants and recruit them into working for the US government. They put them into the field, they stop a war and then that same government decides to KILL THEIR OWN AGENTS FOR NO REASON. They had not gone rogue, they'd proven their value in the field by successfully infiltrating the Soviet Union...yet they turn on them for no reason. That plot development needed to be fleshed out more. I get that in the Marvel universe people think superpowers are scary instead of cool...but this was just illogical.
They also proved a handful a powerful mutants had weapon level power and considered them to be a potential threat.
BenRoethig is offline   Reply With Quote