View Single Post
Old June 4 2011, 06:26 PM   #87
Nowhere Man
Commodore

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

I saw it last night, I voted B, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'm having the same problem I had with Thor, I liked the mObie, but don't know much about the characters. I'm sure upon a rewatch I will like it more. I grew up watching the X-Men cartoons and loved them, but I never read the comics, ima DC man. I can say the soundtrack was awesome, it sounded very much like the other movies. I loved all the little moments like them training at Xavior's house. Iloved Professor X and Magneto playing chess, Beast and all of his moments. The Blackbird, the yellow suits. Kevin Bacon was awesome it was funny seeing him in the helmet with his pig nose. I think this was truly Magneto's film. I loved Wolvorine's cameo. I loved the setting. Everyone keeps saying it was like a Bond film, I was thinking that the whole time, Shaw's sub, the CIA, the whole shebang. The only real problem I had was my lack of knowing some of the other characters. Obviously Alex Summers is Scott's dad, but the others I didn't know. I liked how Professor X saw Storm, but I couldn't figure out who the others were. I walked away thinking this was a great prequel and a great fit for the other X-Men movies. I can see a sequel that will tie it up nice and tight. I don't see it so much as a reboot, but more of a continuation. I was thinking while I was watching that this felt very much like a live action version of the cartoon, but like a flashback. That is not to say it was cartoonish, but it really felt like the comic book brought to life. One more thought, does anyone think that we might see Omega Red since it's the 60's now?
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote