View Single Post
Old June 4 2011, 06:16 PM   #84
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

A

I liked the James Bond/Sixties Caper Movie feel to it, and Michael Fassbender nailed Erik Lensherr/Magneto, and most of the performances were pretty good. I liked the story, thought the cameos fit nicely and was satisfied with the way the ending tied into to first movie.

I do have "notes":

-I did like the sixties setting, but the blatant rip of the whole "Dr. Strangelove" war room scene was a bit much. Admittedly, most of the audience for this movie probably never even heard of Dr. Strangelove. I've seen it a few times.

-Moira MacTaggart and Banshee should have had Scottish accents. It would have been nice to have them here. Maybe it would have been a little much for the kid playing Banshee, but Rose Byrne's already faking an American accent. Would a Scottish one be so hard?

-Two things about Emma Frost:

1) I don't know what kind of actress she is on Mad Men, but January Jones acted like she was reading off a teleprompter...for the first time.

2) The diamond skin power is stupid. It was stupid in the comic, it was stupid in the movie. Emma Frost started out a powerful telepath, one capable of taking on Prof. X and Jean Grey. She doesn't need any stinking diamond skin power.

-Elsa on what she learned from Anna
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote