View Single Post
Old June 4 2011, 02:21 AM   #9
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: ComicBookMovie.com: "Supergirl XXX"

I'm curious - has anyone done any, erm, research into how they're able to get away with all these? About 2 years ago these started to show up, and the one common denominator I can make out - title-wise - is they seem to either have a "NOT THE..." prefix or a XXX one. Maybe some lawyer set precedent that they could do these as long as one of those two elements were there. I saw the preview for the Justice League one and they even use the same costumes.

There's even a couple of Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman ones out there.

Hey, more power to them! (Although I did start feeling a bit leery when I started to see comic book shops - no, really, they did - stocking them.)

I have seen the second POTC parody, called Pirates 2 (actually, it's an original story, not a knock off, for what it's worth) - so sue me, I'm 42 - and its production values were actually on par with a number of A-grade films I've seen. They even built a full-size pirate ship in a studio (taking a leaf from POTC) - which of course they had to tear it down right after they finished shooting those scenes so they could shoot a super-huge orgy the next night. But, you know, that's to be expected...

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote