View Single Post
Old June 3 2011, 02:11 PM   #52
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

Like I said, I wasn't too excited about this movie, but liked the promos and ended up enjoying this movie quite a bit. I give it an A. It was nice to see how everything we saw in the other movies came together.

- Kevin Bacon played a great villain. He's not someone I'd ordinarily think of in such a part, but he did great, especially as a nazi. Loved seeing him in the helmet too.

- Fassbender... It's all been said already. Good stuff.

- McAvoy... Did well at chaneling the wise Professor X.

- The reasoning behind their call names was a nice touch.

- I like January Jones, but she wasn't the sexiest Emma Frost I've ever seen. This is...

When I first saw that pic, I thought it was a promo shot of January Jones. I wish they would have made her look like that. A lot of the cosplay stuff I've seen beats out the movie version if you ask me.

- Loved Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme, as well as her relationship with Charles. I also liked that they showcased Lawrence's natural beauty by giving her a lot of face and skirt time. But of course the blue skin is beautiful too.

- Nice to see Rose Byrne in anything.

- Poor Darwin. He gave it his best shot, but in the end, couldn't adapt.

- A few surprises...

- I preferred the first movie's score, but this one was pretty good too. I stayed through the credits just to hear it.

- One nit... Erik helped build Cerebro, but the turn he made at the end of the movie makes it difficult to believe that they could work together toward that end in the coming years.

- Another nit... Young Charles seems to have too much hair to be balding. Or did he shave his head?

- One question... Charles said that something can be found between serenity and rage. What was it? I missed what he said.

Ethros wrote: View Post
But just a little spoiler question-
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote