View Single Post
Old June 3 2011, 06:13 AM   #72
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Canadave wrote: View Post
Kegg wrote: View Post
Canadave wrote: View Post
Really? That'd make me sad... Arya's one of my favourite characters, and I'm always happy to see her name at the top of a chapter.
Oh Arya's a good character. But once she leaves King's Landing her story really drags. I didn't really get invested in it again until book four. She's kind of the inverse of Sansa, who can be a very annoying character, but has far more interesting things happen in her chapters.
Okay, that is fair. Much as I like her, I did start to get a bit tired of the way her story was playing out. "Arya is going somewhere, but is captured. Then she escapes and starts going somewhere, but is captured. Then she escapes and starts..."
Amen to that, I strongly agree with both of you. The Arya chapters were a repetitive chore through ACOK and ASOS, and did not get interesting again until AFFC - when she actually went somewhere. Again, she is a great character but criminally underused/misused in book 2 and 3.

I have voiced opinions like that on Westeros.org, but that is heresy to 95% of the population there. People just don't seem to understand the difference between liking/disliking the character vs. the events the character takes part in.

Last edited by Hyperspace05; June 3 2011 at 06:33 AM.
Hyperspace05 is offline   Reply With Quote