View Single Post
Old June 1 2011, 12:32 AM   #146
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

evilnate wrote: View Post
The scale of this project, if the rumors are true, is absolutely mind-boggling to me. TOS-R was a multi-year project, involving less than half the number of episodes, and far fewer effects per-episode. TOS-R didn't have to redo every effect, nor did they have to essentially put each episode back into post-production to complete it. Makes me think that if this project does happen and that we're going to see HD remasters that there are going to be serious corners being cut. I recall a story from a year or two ago which suggested that CBS Digital was looking at some new upscaling technology for this project, and I'm worried that that's what we'll get: something that looks slightly better than that awful looking upscaled DS9 episode that was on the TOS blu-rays.
Well there are NO ST series on the air right now, so if you simply consider this as a replacement project for any new ST series, then it really isn't that big of a deal for CBS. Its just like having another series.

RAMA