View Single Post
Old May 30 2011, 04:56 PM   #331
dukesman
Commander

Re: Star Trek: TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic Review Thread

Ok, so I'm a little late to the game on this one, so here goes...

Going to try to keep this short and simple as there are several well written reviews here already that mirror most of my thoughts on this great read. I gave it an above average, teetering on outstanding...

Didn't mind all the "popular" characters showing up on one ship, I chalked it up to Starfleet needing several key individuals for a special mission and thus, they were the best personnel for the job.

I have read a few nitpicks/complaints/etc about the book being condensed into one giant novel down from the intended two. This did not occur to me nor did it hinder my enjoyment of the novel. It seemed like one giant tale with many interesting parts. It gave it an almost epic feel, if you will...

I've never been a huge La Forge fan - not that I don't like his character, just that I liked other characters more - but this kept my attention all the way through and I dare say, has me liking La Forge a little more after having read this!

MINOR SPOILERS FOLLOW!
(How does one do that nifty spoiler button thingie?)

1.Can't wait to see where Rasmussen went. Surely we haven't seen the last of him...

2. Scotty. No way he is done. He is the miracle worker - somehow he would have found a way, as Spock suggested at the end...with that being said, it was a fitting send off...at least for the time being.

SPOILERS END.

Thanks for the great read and look forward to more Trek from you, David. Congratulations on a fine piece of work!
dukesman is offline   Reply With Quote