View Single Post
Old May 30 2011, 04:54 PM   #52
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones Spoiler-Filled Discussion

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Stannis Baratheon
Frankly, the casting and writing choice that for me all of season two hinges on. The series has had a stellar track record of casting and writing these characters so far, but Stannis personally is one of my favourite characters from the books, so really hoping he's done well.

Xaro Xhoan Daxos
Not sure if I should have high hopes for Qarth visually-speaking - or not. I like the way it's described in the novel, but the series has needed to be economical with similarly impressive areas like the Eyrie. Probably a couple of Qarth interiors and one or two establishing shots and maybe the market for that assassination attempt is what I figure we'll be getting.

Dolorous Edd
I was wondering if he'd appear on the show at all.

Big-boned and plain faced [...] Do NOT submit actresses that look like models. We are looking for a big, WARRIOR-TYPE woman that’s more MANLY than womanly.
Thank goodness for that.

As far as HBO casting goes, it's tempting to see Brienne of Tarth as a younger Robin Weigert.