View Single Post
Old May 30 2011, 12:02 AM   #377
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

blssdwlf wrote: View Post
The set is looking good havoc92. I'm assuming that the command platform is still work-in-progress? In the reference pics I have it has black sides and carpeted top, so the reflections from it in completed form should be minimal. I think from looking at various pics of the bridge, the colored perimeter lights make little contribution in the majority of scenes and that a circular set of white ceiling lights is what does the primary lighting. Anyway, keep up the good work!
Yeah, figured I'd get the heavy detail stuff out of the way first so that the minor stuff is what I finish with. Had to mod the platform a bit for size before dealing with carpet, which will be a seperate mesh. So, there's a method.

The lighting is gonna be a tad bright for a bit while I troubleshoot problem spots where the light leaks through, etc. Then they'll be tamed even more. Probably end up dropping overall level by another 10-20 percent.

I've got shots of the upper dome area though and if there's an overhead light fixture, it isn't in the original footage. So, have to take a liberty there and build one that fits with what I can see. Was pretty certain there was one; just a matter of determining size and vertical ceiling for it. Already have spots in place; so, just a matter of building the fixture.