View Single Post
Old May 27 2011, 04:05 AM   #660
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek: Sigils and Unions--The Thirteenth Order

Considering that I am not a tactician, I'm glad to know that those tactics sound like they make sense. We've seen this sort of submarine-like action around nebulae before--the most obvious being the Borg "depth charges" that gave me the idea for what the Jem'Hadar might do (and I imagine that originally came from what people used to do to try to flush out an enemy sub), so I kind of took that and ran.

Never read that novel, but I imagine it would be a good one.

As for the explanation of the shields...I find myself bugged by the way the technobabble got in Trek. There's always going to be an element of fantasy, but what I enjoy is taking things we do know about the universe and then...shall we say...embellishing them, so that it conveys the feeling that we are not that far from a universe where such things really could happen. But in the background--admittedly, there is still "magic."