View Single Post
Old May 26 2011, 05:07 AM   #19
JD
Admiral

Re: Summer Season's New Sci-Fi/Fantasy Shows (cable)

Christopher wrote: View Post
startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
Alphas looks like Heroes redux. Plus it being a SyFy show makes me think it won't be worth watching.
From what I've heard, any similarity to Heroes seems very superficial. Also, the showrunner is Ira Steven Behr (Deep Space Nine, The 4400), which means it should definitely be worth checking out.
Vendikarr wrote: View Post
You could probably mention on BBC America (it's new to U.S. audiences)
and
on MTV.
I didn't know Outcasts was going to be on BBCA. I've been wanting to check that out. I don't get BBCA, but alot of their stuff is up on Netflix so, I'll be keeping an eye out for that. And I totally forgot about Teen Wolf.
Christopher wrote: View Post
startrekwatcher wrote: View Post
Alphas looks like Heroes redux. Plus it being a SyFy show makes me think it won't be worth watching.
From what I've heard, any similarity to Heroes seems very superficial. Also, the showrunner is Ira Steven Behr (Deep Space Nine, The 4400), which means it should definitely be worth checking out.
I didn't know that. I loved the stuff he did on both DS9 and The 4400, so I will definitely be checking this out.
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I'm skeptical about everything skiffy does. It's all such garbage anymore. If Alphas takes the same happy-dippy tone that Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Haven do, I won't be watching for long.
I always find it funny when I read something like that, because it is the "happy-dippy tone" of Eureka and Warehouse 13 that have made them two of my all time favorite shows. If had to pick between more dark BSG (another favorite of mine) type shows or light, fun Eureka/Warehouse 13 type stuff I would pick the later by a long shot.