View Single Post
Old May 25 2011, 07:25 PM   #39
Christopher
Writer

Re: OT: Announcing ONLY SUPERHUMAN, my first original novel!

aventinelover wrote: View Post
Do you know if Only Superhuman (great title, btw!) is going to be available as an e-book?
Since that's on the publication end of things, I'll again have to defer to Greg.

Glad you like the title. It's a good fit thematically for this book, although this is actually the third novel concept I've applied it to. I first came up with it as the title for a story idea in another planned series (the same one for which I created the characters who became Torvig and Chaka in Star Trek: Titan), but one that would've been a centuries-later followup to the original version of the Troubleshooter milieu. (I really liked to plan far ahead back then, because I had no confidence yet in my ability to come up with ideas on demand.) Then, when I was doing my last revision on my initial Troubleshooter spec novel, I decided the book needed a less generic name, so I swiped the Only Superhuman title from that other (vague) concept. Then I abandoned that novel halfway through the draft when I finally realized it just wasn't working, and when I rebooted the whole thing and came up with this new novel, I decided the title worked well for it, so I kept it.

Good grief... I've spent so much of my life trying to put this one book (or its predecessor) together... and now I'm nearly done with that process, aside from copyedits and such. Once that's done, then I'll be moving on to something else, whether it's a sequel or something different. This book will finally be behind me. That's going to be weird. But hopefully liberating, because it'll free me to come up with more new stuff.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote