View Single Post
Old May 25 2011, 01:12 AM   #11
Christopher
Writer

Re: OT: Announcing ONLY SUPERHUMAN, my first original novel!

sfroth wrote: View Post
Wow, Christopher, congrats! Can't wait to read it! Sounds like this has been an awesome year for you so far. How will you ever juggle all the projects you've got going?
Well, the difference between this and my Trek projects is that I already wrote the whole thing before I sold it. All that's left is revisions, and there haven't been too many of those. Greg only asked for a few changes, which I recently turned in -- hopefully he'll be satisfied with them.

One thing I'm keeping an eye on, though, is the Dawn space probe, which will go into orbit of the asteroid Vesta on or around July 16th. There's not too much in Only Superhuman about Vesta per se, but if Dawn turns up anything relevant, hopefully it'll be in time for me to work it into the galleys. Unfortunately, Dawn won't make it to Ceres until 2015. I just hope I didn't get anything too wrong about that one.

I remember someone on this forum recently wondering why it was that so much of my Trek fiction involved civilizations that lived in space habitats instead of on planets. This is why. I've done a lot of reading and thinking about habitat dwelling in the course of researching OS (and other original projects), and I've used those ideas in my Trek fiction as well.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote