Old May 21 2011, 01:20 AM   #131
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Rumor: TNG-HD is a-coming

RAMA wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
Food for thought...STNG made $500 MILLION from syndication fees, it made $90 million a YEAR in its original airing in advertising revenue, plus $70 million from licensing and affiliate station fees(according to California Business). This does not count merchandising or DVD sales (also $455 million from the movies, not counting merchandising or DVD/Bluray sales, add at least another $200-250 million to that figure). By itself in terms of the actual airing of the show, its beyond a billion $ industry...now how much do you think it would make from Netflix...Itunes....Bluray? There is no way this is not getting made...

RAMA
Since the entirety of the Netflix deal is for $200 million for many Paramount properties... I'd say not much.
That doesn't include remastered though does it! its only the current series. Then there is itunes and Bluray...

RAMA
I'm just saying that the current Netflix deal doesn't seem to value any of the Trek properties all that highly. And if it is a go for the fall... I'd imagine it was already part of the negotiated deal.