View Single Post
Old May 18 2011, 09:20 PM   #851
Nowhere Man
Commodore

Re: Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'm still baffled as to why people continue to think the series finale would be different than any other episode on the show. This has been their modus operandi since the pilot, Brian and Kelly have kept the formulaic style that Miles and Gough instituted. There were surface changes only. Essentially the series finale was no different than any of the previous seasons. I agree that they treated it like a season finale, but again...that wasn't a surprise. This whole season should have been something epic and special but because the producers only cater to a certain faction of the fandom of this show the rest of us get screwed.
Agreed 100%, I wasjust holding out on a little bit of hope that they would pull out all stops, but it actually was what I expected, but not what I wanted. It seemed like there was still a hint of another season. Smallville is not the only show that does this though, a lot of shows stick with the formula in the end and don't go full out in the end. How many really good series finale's have there been. Even really good shows like Cheers or Sienfield for example sort of fall flat in the end. Look at Quantum Leap, there was potential to make a really epic ending, instead we got ripped off completely.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote