View Single Post
Old May 18 2011, 11:07 AM   #840
O'Dib
Commodore

Re: Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Procutus wrote: View Post

After letting it simmer in the back of my mind for a few days, I'm still disappointed in what we got. For me, this really turned into the expectation being greater than the event; there was just simply no way the finale could live up to its hype.
Well after 10 years of underdelivering, one couldn't realistically expect the finale to be a kick-ass Superman story either. It's just that we were shorted so many times, the show's tab was running high, and we though they would at least make an honest attempt at paying off a sizeable chunk of that dept. But instead of coming up with the dough, Smallville's inebriated self collapsed onto the bar floor and was whisked off by an ambulance, never to be heard from again.

And this proverbial bartender, having served up many a round of those concoctions called "Ratings" and "Advertising Revenue", was tired of having his ear talked off by that confusing buffoon with the peculiar speech impediment of only using the most convoluted phrases to express the simplest ideas. "Sorry for interrupting your activities via my electronic communications device", he would mumble every time he used a cellphone, with a smug smirk on his face, like he had just said something really clever. And then he would go on telling me fantastical stories about how he's really important and powerful, and only chooses not to fly so as to play fair. Somehow his true personality would shine through even in these fictional accounts, 'cause he'd always end up behaving a little bitch. 'Can't say I'll miss the sorry customer.