View Single Post
Old May 17 2011, 02:29 AM   #820
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Re: Smallville10x21&22 "Finale" Discuss/Grade

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Corran Horn wrote: View Post
Not sure what one has to do with the other. Several Batman archvillains know his identity. Several don't.
There's a vast difference between The Joker knowing Batman's identity (which is very clear from Morrison's work) and Luthor knowing Superman's identity.

The Joker really doesn't care who's under the cowl, while Luthor would set about to destroy Superman indirectly through the people Clark knew and loved and the places that Clark valued, much as Ra's al-Ghul has attempted to bring down Wayne Enterprises by striking at its people and its business. (If you're not reading Red Robin, the book's turned into a nice cat-and-mouse game between Tim Drake and Ra's.) Luthor would use the knowledge in ways that would result in no blowback toward him; The Joker's only interest is in Batman playing his psychotic games, so the identity of Batman is useless to him.
Sounds like a perfect reason to wipe Luthor's memory.