View Single Post
Old May 16 2011, 01:12 AM   #93
{ Emilia }
Rear Admiral

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2011 (Düsseldorf, Germany)

Eyes wrote: View Post
Azerbaijan WIN!!!!

Best win ever!!!

And Eric in 2nd is brilliant as well.

ETA: Or 3rd. Bloody Italy, with their shit song that everyone seems to have voted for to keep them from leaving again.
Funny, cause I thought the Swedish entry was utter shite. Uninspired, unsubtle, poser pop with shallow, stupid lyrics and synthetic 1990's dance background music. Oh, and did I mention the annoying flashy show of stupid dancing, light flashes and general uber dumbness of a ridiculous pop show where the music itself matters f**k all.

Yes, I hated it. But hey, from the country that tortured the world by producing Abba... so no surprise.

While I think Italy's entry was one of the few entries that actually had some quality music, real instruments, style and swing. It seemed inspired in comparison to Sweden's standard pop crap.

I watched the ESC with a bunch of Germans and we were cheering and laughing when Italy went past Sweden after the last vote.