View Single Post
Old May 16 2011, 01:12 AM   #93
{ Emilia }
oh em gee

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2011 (Düsseldorf, Germany)

Eyes wrote: View Post
Azerbaijan WIN!!!!

Best win ever!!!

And Eric in 2nd is brilliant as well.

ETA: Or 3rd. Bloody Italy, with their shit song that everyone seems to have voted for to keep them from leaving again.
Funny, cause I thought the Swedish entry was utter shite. Uninspired, unsubtle, poser pop with shallow, stupid lyrics and synthetic 1990's dance background music. Oh, and did I mention the annoying flashy show of stupid dancing, light flashes and general uber dumbness of a ridiculous pop show where the music itself matters f**k all.

Yes, I hated it. But hey, from the country that tortured the world by producing Abba... so no surprise.

While I think Italy's entry was one of the few entries that actually had some quality music, real instruments, style and swing. It seemed inspired in comparison to Sweden's standard pop crap.

I watched the ESC with a bunch of Germans and we were cheering and laughing when Italy went past Sweden after the last vote.
"I modeled Starfleet after the Fremen army in Frank Herbert's 'Dune'. Through cultural imperialism it spreads its values all over the galaxy, much like the holy Fremen warriors spread Paul Muad'dib's message.
Spock is a Mentat, the rational element in this chaotic universe."
- Gene Roddenberry 1974
{ Emilia } is offline   Reply With Quote