It would have made far more sense for Lex to look at Clark and say, "You've been lying to me since day one; when you saved me on that bridge I thought for the first time in my life I had met someone who could have been a real friend. I would've done everything I could to protect you from your enemies, from my father, and from the world itself, Clark. But you chose to remain in the shadows and hide yourself from me, and because of that there's nothing I can trust about you. Your friends, your family, they're all safe from me, Clark. But whenever you put on that suit you represent everything between us and I will make it my life's goal to bring you down to my level and give-in to weakness and the darkness that is inside all of us."
^ As ridiculous as I find that quote/line of motivation, I agree that it's a thousand times better than the wipe.
Anyhow, let's review, shall we?
- No Welling in the suit.
- All of Lex, totally wiped.
- No reveal of Superman to the world. Does anyone even say
"Superman"? And how is that
not a better title than "Finale"?!
- Zombie Jor-El can teleport people across dimensions at will. Hey asshole, how about giving your son's adoptive mother her husband back?!
- No wedding... even after seven years.
- Crap writing throughout.
- The Williams theme, awesome! ... Except we already heard it in "Rosetta", so no extra points.
I'm sorry, how is this not an "Endgame"-level calamity?!
So, when is he gonna fly?..When is he going to put on the "suit"?...When are they going to follow the "mythos" as I like and know it?
your last revew speaks VOLUMES.
THIS was another creator (and then turned into creator(S) interpretation of "Superman".
How was this like "Endgame"?