View Single Post
Old May 15 2011, 03:06 AM   #166
Glitch
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek: DTI: Watching The Clock Review Thread

OverlordSpock wrote: View Post
It took me two weeks to read this book and I normally finish most books in four to five days.
Really? I gobbled it up in about a day. It was convoluted, but not like Stephen Baxter's books. The Time Ships took about a week to read...felt like a year.

The other thing that hurt the book in my mind (and something I didn't enjoy about the Temporal Cold War in Enterprise and so many episodes of Voyager) is that it just makes time travel look so easy.
I think that in the Trek universe, time travel is absurdly easy...hence the need for the DTI and other uptime agencies. I mean, you can get thrown back in time just by sneezing around some spatial anomalies.

The book was a good solid offering by Christopher. I just really liked his other books better.
It's funny, I have lurked long enough to know how Mr. Bennett posts (don't get on his bad side, basically, and don't make easy mistakes). This was the first of his books I read, and it was amazing how different his fiction prose is from what he posts here. His online persona is easily Lucsly, but the guy writes like a Dulmur.
Glitch is offline   Reply With Quote